Hello guys i hope you are doing great, Today i am going to talk about Badam Gondh or Badam Pisin Benefits, Uses,and Recipes.
In older days, People use homemade recipes and natural ingredients to treat common ailments, which are also known as ayurvedic medicine. They believe the Tamil phrase “Unavey Marundhu” (Food is Medicine). Badam Pisin is one of those ayurvedic recipes for curing diseases, especially for women’s problems. But today we even don’t know what Badam(almond gum) Pisin is?
So let’s talk about its badam pisin uses, benefits, and recipes.
What is Badam Pisin ?
Also known as Almond Gum is natural edible jelly obtained from the sweet almond tree bark. The gum is the byproduct of the metabolic mechanism of the tree, easily solvable in water.This is found in the shape of small rocks, either white or brown. It can be dissolved in water and is used in making jellies.
If you are from south India or you traveled to south India you might have seen it when you had your Jigardhanda, Jigardhanda is a quite popular drink in Tamil Nadu, especially in Madurai.
Badam Pisin Benefits and Uses
Following are the health benefits of Almond gum you must know:
Body Coolant: It is a wonderful natural body coolant and is a perfect ingredient to use during scorching summers to keep the body cool. If you are a person who suffers excessive body heat this natural jelly will work well to get rid of it.
For Skin Care: Badam Pisin has both anti-bacterial and wound healing properties making it very effective for skin care. You can make almond jelly face mask and apply on your face for better results.
Prevent Premature Greying: Badam Pisin is an amazing antioxidant and when consumed regularly helps fight off the free radicals that cause premature aging.
Reducing Acidity: It is very very soothing on the stomach and is an amazing home remedy for reducing acidity , treat ulcers and reduce the burning sensation in the stomach.
For Weight Loss & Weight Gain: For losing weight, it can be added to skimmed or low fat milk and for gaining weight, it can be added to calorie-dense ingredients or full fat milk. Since it is very nutritious and an amazing antioxidant, it is a good idea to include it in our daily diet.
Uses: It can be used in preparing ice creams and jelly’s for children as it is a natural gum, free of artificial colors and preservatives. Badam Gondh ladoo especially in North India is very famous for its health benefits. Ladoos with lots of nuts and dry fruits is beneficial for both men and women. In South India it is commonly used in Jigardhanda.
Also Read, Moringa leaves Benefits and recipes.
Badam Pisin (Almond Gum) Nutritional Value
Badam gondh is composed of almost 92.3% carbohydrates, 2.4%of proteins, and 0.8% of fats
It is rich in minerals such as magnesium,sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron.
Badam Pisin’s side effects
Too much of pisin can upset your stomach so, don’t consume in excess. Although it is safe to eat during pregnancy but I would recommend you to consult with your doctor if you are a lactating mother.
Badam Pisin Benefits for Female
According to Ayurveda, it works amazing for women’s.
- In North India, almond gum is given to pregnant women for their nutritional and cooling properties.
- It strengthens the bone and increases body strength and transfers all required nutrition to their baby.
- It also helps in re-establishing nutritional values to the female body after pregnancy.Advertisement
- Badam gondh helps in regulating irregular periods and brings the menstruation cycle to its normal stage.
- It also helps in reducing weakness, anxiety,and comfort with stabilizing depression.
- Since Almonds rich in calcium , it helps in reducing the risk of hyper tension and pre-eclamsia during pregnancy.
- It also helps in boosting immune system of women during and after pregnancy.
Must Read, High protein low fat snacks
Here are some amazing recipes!!
1. Badam Pisin Ice-cream
- Overnight soaked almond Pisin (jelly) – 3tsp
- Fresh cream- 100ml
- Milk powder- 3tsp
- Condensed milk- 200ml
- Milk- 250ml
- Chopped almond
Steps to Make Ice Cream:
- In a mixer blend all the ingredients (Jelly, Fresh cream, Milk powder, Condensed milk, and Milk).
- Then add some chopped almond for taste into that mixer.
- Now transfer the mixer into Popsicle maker.
- Freeze it for 7 to 8 hours.
- Tasty and cool ice-cream (popsicles) are ready!!
2. Badam Gum Rose Milkshake
- Overnight soaked Pisin (jelly) – 2tsp
- Milk- 1 glass
- Basil seeds- 3tsp
- Powder sugar- 2tsp
- Rose syrup- 3tsp
Steps to Make Rose Milk :
- In a glass add overnight soaked almond Pisin (jelly).
- Now add basil seeds, sugar, and rose syrup.
- Pour cold milk into the glass, mix it well.
Milkshake is ready to drink!!
3. Badam Gondh Halwa ( desert)
- Wheat flour- 1cup
- Almond Pisin/jelly- 2 cups
- Powder sugar- ¾ cup
- Ghee- ½ cup
- Desiccated coconut- 2tsp
- Chopped almonds- 2tsp
- Cardamom essence- 1tsp
- Hot water- 3cups
Steps to Make Halwa :
- Into pan heat ghee and add almond jelly in that ghee to fry.
- After taking out fried Pisin, crush it and keep it aside.
- Now add wheat flour into the ghee on that same pan and fry it till the raw smell vanished then add hot water in it.Advertisement
- Now add crushed Pisin, desiccated coconut, chopped almonds, powder sugar, and at last add cardamom essence in that pan.
- Serve hot and healthy halwa with some ghee on it.
- Badam gum- 4
- Water- 1cup
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Boiling water- 1/2cup
- Full fat milk- 1/2L
- Sugar- 2tsp
- Full fat milk- 1/2L
- Sugar- 2tsp
- Nanari sarbath ( sarasaparilla juice ) – 2tsp
- Vanilla Ice-cream- 2scoop
Steps to Make Jigardhanda :
- Soak almond jelly overnight
- Caramelize ½ cup of sugar and once it turns golden color add ½ boiling water and keep it aside.
- Into pan heat ½ liter milk, add 12tbsp sugar and boil milk until it thickens (creamy consistency), keep it aside
- Into a pan boil ½ liter milk, add half of the caramelized sugar and also add in 2 tbsp sugar and let it boil for 5 min. keep it in the fridge to chill.
- Finally, add badam gum in glass, then add 2 tbsp of Nanari sarbath, milk cream, milk, and add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and sugar syrup.
Almond pisin or jelly is extremely helpful in maintaining health and fitness of body. Add this gum to your daily diet for effective results. You can get this from any grocery shop or supermarkets, if not then check out amazon for or almond jelly.
Do you think this article Badam pisin Benefits, Uses and Recipes is useful and interesting? Don’t keep this to yourself just share with your friends and family and please express your thoughts below on comment section.
Stay safe and Keep smile!!